Roger Asmar is a partner at Ross &. Asmar. His litigation practice focuses on complex criminal cases, Immigration/Deportation matters and in Matrimonial litigation cases, including trial. He has successfully represented numerous clients in his criminal law practice in Venezuela and in New York handling a broad range of cases from investigation through trial, including appeals on immigration matters. Roger has worked on numerous matters involving white collar crimes, organized crimes, violent crimes, national and international narcotics offenses and trafficking.
Prior to joining Ross & Asmar, by 2000, Roger had worked for a New York Criminal, Immigration/deportation law firm assisting attorneys during the investigation stage of the firm’s cases and through the preparation of clients for trial. During his three-and-a-half-year tenure working at that firm, he parallel completed and graduated from Pace law School University completing an LLM in comparative Law. Subsequently Roger was admitted to the New York State bar.
Roger was born in Caracas-Venezuela in 1975 where he graduated high school and went to law school obtaining a Law Degree from The Saint Marie University in Caracas-Venezuela. In 1998 after obtaining a Law Degree, he studied a Master degree in Forensic criminal Science at the scientific police in Caracas-Venezuela completing the Master in 2 years.
Continuing with his studies, Roger went to Salamanca-Spain where he studied A Post-graduate Degree in Legal Medicine and Forensic Criminal Science for which he completed with honors.
- Completed course towards LLM degree in Comparative Law, Pace University, White Plains, New York, 2001-2002
- Post-graduate Degree in Legal Medicine, Forensic and Criminal Science University of Salamanca, 2000
- Completed Master Degree on Forensic Criminal Science, 1998-2000 University of Scientific Police, Caracas, Venezuela, 1998-2000
- Law Degree, Saint Marie University Caracas-Venezuela
- Transit Law Seminar, Saint Marie University, Caracas-Venezuela, 1997
- Forensic Trauma Seminar, Venezuelan Society of Forensic Medicine, Caracas-Venezuela, 1996
- Ballistic Studies Seminar, Civil Association of Professional Judicial Criminal Law, Caracas-Venezuela, 1996
- Criminal Law Reform Seminar, Saint Marie University, Caracas-Venezuela, 1996
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of Caracas-Venezuela
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York